Join the May 28th day of action for emergency transit funding!
Essential workers — like nurses, doctors, sanitation staff and many more — rely on transit to get to work.
But public transit systems across Canada are facing service cuts and driver layoffs, because they depend mostly on fares for funding. Right now we need more service, not less, for safe physical distancing on transit!
Join Transit Action Alliance of Guelph and organizations across Canada for the national day of action and share why public transit is important to you! Here’s how you can join in:
- Get your local community and organization on board!
- Download promotional graphics here: www.keeptransitmoving.ca/may-28-day-of-action
4) On May 28th, share why public transit matters to you
- Download graphics from our toolkit and share on social media: www.keeptransitmoving.ca/may-28-day-of-action
- Take a selfie and explain why transit is important for you. Use the hashtag #keeptransitmoving and tag your elected representatives on social media
- Make phone calls to PM Trudeau and your local MP and provincial representatives
- Find your MP here: https://www.ourcommons.ca/members/en/search?province=ON
- Find your MPP here: https://www.ola.org/en/members/current
- Sign the petition: www.keeptransitmoving.ca/take-action
Questions? Want to get more involved? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org