It may not be the two-way, all-day GO train service that we are actively advocating for, but this September we will see additional train stops in Guelph.
These new weekday trips will be starting on September 3rd and are listed below.
Toward Toronto from Guelph (Morning)
• A new eastbound trip leaving from Kitchener at 7:57 a.m. will arrive and depart from Guelph at 8:19 a.m. with final destination at Union Station at 9:51 a.m.
Toward Toronto from Guelph (Afternoon)
• A new eastbound trip will start in Kitchener at 2:57 p.m. and leave from Guelph at 3:19 p.m. with arrival at Union Station at 4:47 p.m.
Toward Toronto from Guelph (Evening)
• This new evening train will leave from Kitchener at 8:57 p.m. then depart from Guelph at 9:19 p.m. and arrive at Union Station at 10:51 p.m.
Toward Guelph from Toronto (Afternoon)
• The 12:53 p.m. train from Union Station in Toronto will now extend the entire line and reach Guelph at 2:22 pm and Kitchener at
Toward Guelph from Toronto (Evening)
• A new westbound trip from Union Station will depart at 9:53 p.m. will make all stops along the Kitchener line, arriving in Guelph at 11:22 p.m. before finishing in Kitchener at 11:47 p.m.
• The last train from Toronto will depart Union Station at 10:53 p.m. will make all stops before terminating in Guelph at 12:22 a.m. A Express Bus connection for Kitchener GO Station users can be found at Bramalea Station.
New Evening Express Train
The 6 p.m. trip from Union Station will arrive 20 minutes earlier because the train will now run express to Bramalea GO before continuing all stops to Kitchener.
Here is the new schedule from Guelph Central GO Station to Toronto Union Station by Train, GO Bus and Go Bus-Train connections:
Here is the full weekday schedule of the GO Train, as well as GO Bus connections from Toronto Union Station to Guelph Central Station
You can find full schedules, fares, and other information at gotransit.com
PDF version of the schedule can be found here.
Guelph Transit and GO Transit have a co-fare!
Passengers will qualify for the $0.60 co-fare when boarding a Guelph Transit bus and presenting one of the following:
- A valid single-ride GO Transit ticket when connecting from a GO Train or GO Bus at Guelph Central Station on any service day. Transfers will be issued for the Guelph Transit system upon request.
- A valid GO Transit day-pass when connecting to or from a GO Train or GO Bus at Guelph Central Station on any service day. Transfers will be issued for the Guelph Transit system upon request.
- A PRESTO card can only be shown from the start of service until 7:30 a.m. and between 5:40 p.m. and 9:15 p.m. on buses scheduled to arrive at or depart Guelph Central GO Station during regular weekday service.
Full Details can be found here.